This time of year is full of parties and friends and family! I don’t know about you, but for me it can sometimes get overwhelming. Nikki’s challenge seemed like the perfect opportunity to simplify my life a little!
My husband and I recently had some friends in town for holiday festivities, so we decided to throw a brunch gathering.
Brunch has always been one of my favorite meals to fix and eat—any time of day, any time of year!
It was quite the challenge to only use ten ingredients!
Luckily we were given salt, pepper, and a fat (butter or oil) as a “freebie,” which made the challenge a little bit easier.
It was so much fun being creative with multi-use ingredients and having a great brunch party spread to show for it!
My ten ingredients:
2. Almond milk
4. Cheddar Cheese
8. Waffle mix
9. Assorted fruit bowl
10. Sparkling rose
- Avocado Banana Smoothie
- Broccoli Cheddar Egg Cups
- Bacon, Egg + Avocados
- Sparkling Rose
Broccoli Cheddar Cups
- 3 cups chopped frozen broccoli florets
- 12 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 whole eggs
- ⅔ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 12-slot non-stick muffin or cupcake tin, then to each slot add ¼ of cup of the broccoli and 1 tablespoon of the cheddar.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, salt, and pepper. Distribute the egg mixture evenly among all twelve muffin cups, pouring it over the broccoli and cheese. Bake until the centers of the cups are set—15 to 18 minutes.