Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for many reasons:
- It’s the most selfless holiday when all of my friends and family come together to share one (or two!) incredible meals.
- I was born on Thanksgiving!
- I love making the entire Thanksgiving meal from start to finish!
However, even though I love the Thanksgiving meal-making-process, I realize that in the name of simplification, sometimes you need one or two quick make-ahead dishes.
My go to make-ahead dish is Apple Brussels Sprout Slaw with fresh orange and dried cranberries. It's a light, refreshing side that I serve cold to help balance out all of the heaviness that typically comes with a Thanksgiving meal.
And not only can the slaw be made ahead of time—it should be made ahead of time! It's actually better prepared the day before so that all the flavors have time to meld together.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do. Cheers!
Apple Brussels Sprout Slaw
servings: 8 to 10
- 5 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups matchstick-size cut apples
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice + zest of 1 medium orange
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Place the Brussels sprouts and apples in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, orange juice, and honey; pour this over the Brussels sprout mixture.
- Add the cranberries and orange zest, tossing all ingredients together.
- Wrap the bowl with food storage wrap and hold in the refrigerator until ready to serve.