This year for St. Paddy’s day I won’t be partaking in the normal alcohol celebration, but I will be drinking down some of my Pregnancy Power Smoothie.
I have been drinking variations of this smoothie throughout my pregnancy and I love it. All of its components provide a powerhouse of nutrients to aid in a healthy pregnancy—or healthy non-pregnancy!
Check out this powerhouse of nutrients!:
- Avocados are loaded with fiber and potassium, and are a great natural source of folate.
- Bananas contain great amounts of B6, which is shown to help reduce morning sickness (AMEN!!). They are also a great source of calcium, antioxidants, and protein.
- Collagen is the protein building block of all your connective tissues, including your bones, muscles, skin, hair, nails, and tendons. Collagen is great for mommas because it
- helps repair dead skin cells, which can help with stretch marks;
- promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails;
- improves digestion;
- strengthens joints;
- aids in bone repair;
- and boosts energy and metabolism.
- Swiss Chard is full of vitamins A, C, and K, and is also a good source of folate.
There are so many different sources telling us what is good or bad when it comes to food. It’s hard to know who to listen to, and what to trust.
My general rule of thumb is to eat/drink foods that taste great, using the freshest ingredients that I can. This smoothie not only tastes great, but it makes me feel great about what I am putting into my body to fuel it.
Pregnancy Power Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ avocado
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Warrior Vanilla Protein Blend powder
- 1 scoop Viral Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 3 leafs or 1 large handful leafy greens (I like to use Swiss Chard)
- Add the almond milk, avocado, banana, protein powder, collagen peptides, and leafy greens to a blender.
- Mix until fully incorporated, and enjoy!
- I garnished my smoothie with a little sprinkle of chia seeds and dried goji berries.